Thursday, June 23, 2011

Empires and Allies Day 1


I sat down to play my first half hour of Empires and Allies today. My first thought is: This is very similar to Cityville. I played Cityville quite frequently, but eventually got pretty bored with.

The interface is the same in both games, so there is not much of a learning curve if you’ve played either one. Apart from building your city and army, there is a fun campaign mission system complete with combat play. I enjoyed the dynamic of having virtual enemies. Leveling up was quick. I shot up to a level 6 within the first 30 minutes of play and was given a slew of goals as I was guided through the game.

Secretly, I was hoping that I would run out of energy so that I could take a break, but with every level up my energy was also filled. I hate leaving a game with any extra energy that I could use, but it was late and I need more sleep.

I am looking forward to checking out more of the combat systems and invading other people’s armies tomorrow.

One thing that annoys me about these games, is when players have 400 barns placed right next to each other. It seems there is no advantage to building an elegant, and well designed city.

No comments:

Post a Comment