Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Family Village Day 1


Heard about this game from a school mate. It was made in Lehi, Utah and is in beta with a monthly user base of 26k.

My initial thought going through the tutorial was that they are using Cityville or Farmville as a template, but adding some additional complexities to it that did not make it feel like I was jumping into the game.

Another weird aspect is that to populate my village I have to input the names of actual relatives and give them jobs, etc... I think the game is supposed to start finding relatives on it’s own to add to your family tree and population.

It only took about 5 minutes to complete a handful of goals and get oriented before it asked me to buy Family Cash to continue. This is where I called it quits for Day 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment